Ensure Safety | Provide Reliability | Guarantee Legal Conformity
In order to ensure the safety and airworthiness of this highly frequented conveyance, operators, as well as the aerospace industry, require organizations working in this sector to implement suitable quality management systems, and to have them certified. With the AS/EN/JISQ 9100, AS/EN/SJAC 9110, and AS/EN/SJAC 9120 series, suitable standards have been developed on the basis of the internationally successful ISO 9001. The series is designed as follows:
-AS/EN/JISQ 9100: QM systems for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
-AS/EN/SJAC 9110: Maintenance Organizations
-AS/EN/SJAC 9120: Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense
The internationally recognized standards of the 9100 series bear the additional coding of their respective IAQG sectors (International Aerospace Quality Group) as a prefix to the number: EN for Europe, AS for the Americas, JISQ/SJAC for Japan/Asia/Pacific.
All of them contain the same requirements, such as:
1. Integration of safety-oriented air traffic requirements stipulated by the aeronautical authorities
2. Implementation of a suitable configuration management process
3. First article inspection
4. Risk Management
5. Verification management and labeling/traceability
6. Notification requirement and implementation of an emergency concept in case of a non-conforming product already delivered
7. Evaluation of “on-time delivery performance”, formal monitoring of customer satisfaction, project management, differentiation of the key characteristics “special requirements” and “critical items”
With an independent and expert assessment of their management system, top management can be sure that the system is in conformance with the requirements of the standard. In addition, the auditors will focus on the identification of improvement potential. Finally, audits also result in an increased awareness of whether or not the management system is well suited to achieve the desired results. With value-generating audits, the ideal certification body is the one who provides direction for decision-making processes.